Friday, January 22, 2010

More Snow!

Whoa! That was the first word to escape my mouth when I peered out the window this morning! Another foot of snow arrived overnight. We are getting buried! Luckily, the forecast is for clear skies for the weekend, so we'll get a slight reprieve before the next round of precipitation begins on Monday.

I can't imagine what it's like at the higher elevations today. I'm sure it's beautiful, and I'd love to check it out, but the road conditions are less than ideal at the moment. (not to mention the fact that my snow gear doesn't fit right now!!) I'm sure they'll have the roads clear by this afternoon...It's going to be a big weekend for the ski resort and a much needed boost to the local economy.

Although it's a bit overwhelming to be living in it, it is a relief to know California is finally accumulating some snow pack. Drought is a constant here, and it remains to be seen whether or not this winter will help alleviate the severity of the current situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment